Who can use this feature?
Permissions for creating Events are set by the Group Administrators and can include:
Events allow you to bring Group Members together online or in person to share experiences, ideas and build connections.
Creating an Event
- Use your menu or the Search function to navigate to the Group you are creating the Event for.
Mobile Users: Click on the menu icon in the top left corner to open your menu.
- If you have permission to create an Event in the Group, you will see the Create Event button in the top right corner of the Group cover pic. Click it.
- Click on the cover pic to upload an Event image.
- Complete the Event details (name of Event, date and time, description, location or URL).
- Click the This event can be shared publicly tickbox if you would like Group Members to share a link to the Event outside the Group.
Note: When this option is selected, the Event link can be shared on other platforms and viewed by people without needing to login.
- If attendees will need tickets, click the Attendees will need tickets tickbox and provide the URL where they can be purchased.
- If you would like to track attendance, click the Allow checking-in to the event tickbox and provide appropriate information.
- Click Create Event. Your Event will be displayed in the Events tab of the Group, and Group Members will receive a notification.